Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, April 11, 2008

Johann's First Day...

4 April 2008
During the check up at Dr Ooi's in the morning, there was concern that our little fella (41 weeks) was not showing signs that he was going to come out of Mummy's tummy. He was getting a little too comfy in Mummy's tummy.
Mummy was sent for an x-ray and it was found that mummy's birth canal was too small for our darling boy. Dr Ooi dropped us the bombshell that he was going to help us get our boy out - through caesarean section. That very afternoon! In his own words, "You're going to be parents, today." AS you can imagine, we were dumbfounded.
Joanne (clinic assistant) tried making the necessary arrangements but she couldn't book an operating theatre. So, she did the next best thing. We were booked to go for c-section the next morning at 8 a.m.
5 April 2008
We arrived at Mount Elizabeth Hospital at 6.00 a.m. in the morning. We were checked in and showed our room at about 6.30 a.m. It was quite nerve wrecking (for Mummy) but exciting, waiting for what would lead us to the birth of our son!
At about 6.40 a.m, a nurse came and prepared Mummy for the op.
By 7.20 a.m., Mummy was wheeled to the operating theatre.
It was scary in the operating theatre as the anaesthesist inserted the epidural with so many strangers in the room. I was so relieved when I finally saw Serene (Dr Ooi's staff nurse). Finally, someone I know. Soon, my Hubby came to join me, all decked in hospital robes.
Dr Ooi came in at 8.00a.m.
After initial checks, Dr Ooi decided that the epidural was not working for me. I needed to go under G A for the op. Hubby had to leave the operating theatre.
I was on my own.
The anaethesist injected the G A and within seconds, I was asleep.
At 8.27 am, our son was born!
Snapshots of the day...
Making his presence felt

"where am i?"

Having his weight measured

"I'm a big boy... 3.83 kg..."


Making his first mark in life

"first, you need some ink..."


"then with the help of experienced hands, stamp foot onto book..."

"voila! a beautiful print of my right foot..."

Getting dessed to meet Mummy

"don't i look great in blue?"

"getting comfy in my crib, on my way to meet Mummy..."

Our very first family portrait

Posing for the camera



"with my daddy..."

"don't i look handsome?"

"my favourite pose..."

No comments: